Rachel Writes...
Oh Em Gee! We have been hitting the gym so hard that my body is SORE! I couldn't even get out of bed this morning. We took a day off from the gym earlier this week and I am telling you for some reason that one day threw me off my game big time because the next day....I. Did. Not. Want. To. Go.!! So with that said I think it is wise to keep going. Maybe take a day off a little later in the week. I'll let Jose blog about what exactly he does when he's at the gym but i'll tell you what my typical gym workout is like.
30-45 mins Elliptical
15 mins Stair climber
Then I do about 30 minutes of strength training. For example I'll do 3 sets of 10 crunches, 3 sets of 10 thighs, 3 sets of 10 biceps, 3 sets of 10 chest...(then do a different set of muscles the next day) 3 sets of 10 triceps, 3 sets of 10 calves, 3 sets of 10 gluts.. etc... It's never organized which I know I need to start doing. I just switch it up everyday and try to keep it fresh. Tonight, I am going to probably walk on the threadmill at a fast pace for 30 minutes. Honestly it just depends on how I feel.
Last night I did not want to go to the gym it was so hard getting motivated it was near painful. Jose pushed me though...he said I am going whether you are going or not and I did not want to sit home by myself for 2 hours lonely, bored, and feeling bad for not going so I got up and went. The magic happened once I got there and started heating up... then I felt good and was glad I went.
We weigh in on July 1st to set the month off right. I need a balance though! The gym is going great! but my eating habits are still not up to standards. I know it's completely ok to have a cheat day but everyday i've been eating too much. "I think" and for me to even say "I think' is really bad. I know exactly what to eat, how to eat it, and when to eat it but I haven't. If this is going to be a complete lifestyle change I don't need "diet" foods. I need my real life foods... I noticed I have always kept 4 items in my kitchen at all times. Turkey bacon, cream cheese, romaine lettuce, and coffee! I can live off those for all my life lol. So I created simple recipe for snacks and breakfast.
Fry 2 pieces of turkey bacon in a pan until crisp (yum)
Cut an entire whole stalk of romaine lettuce and lay it flat on a plate. Coat it with cream cheese. Place 1 strip of turkey bacon on top and roll it up. It is to die for! It tastes so good! It's healthy and filling. Try using fat free cream cheese and low-sodium turkey bacon.
Picture of this yum yum can be found here turkey bacon wrap picture
End~
No comments:
Post a Comment