Rachel Writes:
Last night Jose and I were talking about how often we should weigh ourselves. He suggested that we weighed in only once a month. He says he feels that way is better because it won't demotivate him when he see that the scale is not moving as fast as he would like it to. However with me I feel differently, I do agree he has a point. To go the whole entire month not worrying about your weight and when you step on the scale and see a huge 8 pound or more weight loss would seem great. BUT With me I feel like I want to weight myself everyday. Everyone has different things that motivate them. I feel if I weighed in everyday I need to see something real and concrete. What motivates me is seeing how heavy I am seeing that huge number on the scale drives me straight to the gym. On my cell phone I have a photo of my back rolls so I can have a constant visual reminder that I am not where I want to be. Jose's motivation is progress. He wants to see large drops on the scale. With me, a .2 pound loss is excellent! even if I stay the same weight as I did yesterday I feel good knowing I didn't gain. AND If I do see a gain on the scale from yesterday again it is a real-time reminder that is not the number I want to see!
So, right now I am not sure which method I want to use. As of today, our next weigh in day will be on July 1st. We both have mini goals in place. Me: 165 Him: 185
Let's see if we can do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment